Arrowroot starch (also called arrowroot powder) is a powdery product extracted from the roots of the arrowroot plant (Maranta Arundinaceae). The powder contains primarily various starch components (e.g. amylose), proteins, and various minerals including sodium, potassium, magnesium, iron, calcium, and zinc. Gluten-free. Not irradiated. Particle size: 100% through 40 mesh.
- Excellent texturizer and filler with thickening properties useful for skin and hair care products
- Has great moisture-absorbing and slight deodorant qualities
- Makes skin silkier, softer and smoother, especially when used in body powders
- Has anti-irritant and non-allergenic properties (does not have antimicrobial properties)
- Can replace talc in formulas
- Often used as thickener in hair dye products
Add as is to formula, preferentially to water phase. No heating is required. Typical use level is 3-30% depending on desired viscosity. For external use only.
Body powders, makeup powders, baby powder, deodorants, athlete's foot products, anti-irritant skin care products, creams, lotions, eye cosmetics, hair care products.