Earn 200 Reward Points When You Create an Account
Organic compound belonging to a class of compounds known as hydantoins. Very effective broad-spectrum preservative. Active content 55.0 - 58.0%. Easily soluble in water.
- Effective broad-spectrum preservation against gram-positive and gram-negative bacteria, yeast, and mold
- For its high water solubility, it is particularly suggested for aqueous formulations and emulsions
- Extends shelf life of personal care products typically to 6-18 months
- Compatible with most cosmetic ingredients
- Product is non-irritating and non-sensitizing
- Environmentally friendly as it will not build up in aquatic organisms and will be broken down by microorganisms in soil.
Recommended use level of 0.1-0.6% (approved for use up to 1% in USA and up to 0.6% in Europe). Performs well at pH levels up to 10 (ideal pH 4-10). Can be added directly to the formulation during pre- or post-emulsification at or below 60°C/140°F. For external use only.
All kinds of skin & hair care products, wipes, sun care products, & makeup products.
No purity grade applicable
pH range: 6.5-7.5 (as is)
Store in a closed container at a dry place at room temperature
Country of Origin
Raw Material Source
DMDM hydantoin is produced by reacting formaldehyde with dimethylhydantoin at 84 deg C. DMDM hydantoin can release formaldehyde.
Not animal tested
GMO-free (does not contain plant-derived components)
Does not contain animal-derived components
Under California's Safe Drinking Water and Toxic Enforcement Act, better known as OEHHA Prop 65, we are required to place a warning to this product since the OEHHA believes that DMDM hydantoin may be cancerogenic as it can release formaldehyde in trace amounts. Formaldehyde is listed as cancerogenic agent if it occurs in gaseous form. WARNING: This product can expose you to chemicals including formaldehyde, which is known to the State of California to cause cancer. For more information, go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov
You might also like